Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!!!!!!

fairydoll83fairydoll83 Posts: 25Member
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! MY COMPUTER IS DOING SOMETHING REALLY STRANGE. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE A VIRUS OR NOT BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM: MS-DOS PROMPT KEEPS POPPING UP A MULTIPLE OF TIMES. I CAN BARELY READ WHAT SOME OF THEM SAY BECAUSE THEY POP UP AND DISAPPEAR QUICKLY. I DID HAPPEN TO MAKE OUT ONE AND IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SHARED FOLDERS AND THAT MORE HELP IS AVAILABLE BY TYPING HELPMSG 2310. WHEN IT POPS UP IT HAS THE FILE NAME C:WINNTSYSTEM32CMD.EXE ON THE TOP. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I TRIED TO RUN A VIRUS SCAN BUT IT WON'T LET ME DO THAT. ALL THE WINDOWS KEEP CLOSING. I EVEN TRIED TO GO TO THE REGISTRY AND FIND THE FILE BUT IT KEEP CLOSING ME OUT. I TRIED STARTING IN SAFE MODE ALSO AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED, I WAS SHUT OUT. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!

Comments

• normanpatersonnormanpaterson Posts: 15Member
    Did you try pressing F8 when the computer is starting - then select SAFE MODE? In that mode you should be able to fix it.

: SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! MY COMPUTER IS DOING SOMETHING REALLY STRANGE. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE A VIRUS OR NOT BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM: MS-DOS PROMPT KEEPS POPPING UP A MULTIPLE OF TIMES. I CAN BARELY READ WHAT SOME OF THEM SAY BECAUSE THEY POP UP AND DISAPPEAR QUICKLY. I DID HAPPEN TO MAKE OUT ONE AND IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SHARED FOLDERS AND THAT MORE HELP IS AVAILABLE BY TYPING HELPMSG 2310. WHEN IT POPS UP IT HAS THE FILE NAME C:WINNTSYSTEM32CMD.EXE ON THE TOP. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I TRIED TO RUN A VIRUS SCAN BUT IT WON'T LET ME DO THAT. ALL THE WINDOWS KEEP CLOSING. I EVEN TRIED TO GO TO THE REGISTRY AND FIND THE FILE BUT IT KEEP CLOSING ME OUT. I TRIED STARTING IN SAFE MODE ALSO AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED, I WAS SHUT OUT. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    :

• interrupthandlinterrupthandl Posts: 137Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by interrupthandl at 2004-2-27 10:48:35[/red][/b][hr]
    [b][red]This message was edited by interrupthandl at 2004-2-27 10:45:48[/red][/b][hr]
    Use a bootable disk to boot the PC , run setup again.Its a VIRUS
    Actually boot to command prompt mode in earlier windows versions was good to get rid of such type of viral misadventures , but unfortunately.. thay have removed it.Never open the follow. files without source validation

*.exe,*.com,*.pif,*.scr,*.jpeg (yes u can get from picture files also)
    these are the common file types.I suspect its a mem. resident virus.

: Did you try pressing F8 when the computer is starting - then select SAFE MODE? In that mode you should be able to fix it.
    :
    : : SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME! MY COMPUTER IS DOING SOMETHING REALLY STRANGE. I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE A VIRUS OR NOT BUT HERE IS THE PROBLEM: MS-DOS PROMPT KEEPS POPPING UP A MULTIPLE OF TIMES. I CAN BARELY READ WHAT SOME OF THEM SAY BECAUSE THEY POP UP AND DISAPPEAR QUICKLY. I DID HAPPEN TO MAKE OUT ONE AND IT SAID SOMETHING ABOUT SHARED FOLDERS AND THAT MORE HELP IS AVAILABLE BY TYPING HELPMSG 2310. WHEN IT POPS UP IT HAS THE FILE NAME C:WINNTSYSTEM32CMD.EXE ON THE TOP. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS. I TRIED TO RUN A VIRUS SCAN BUT IT WON'T LET ME DO THAT. ALL THE WINDOWS KEEP CLOSING. I EVEN TRIED TO GO TO THE REGISTRY AND FIND THE FILE BUT IT KEEP CLOSING ME OUT. I TRIED STARTING IN SAFE MODE ALSO AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED, I WAS SHUT OUT. ANY ASSISTANCE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
    : :
    :
    :

• satyadevsatyadev Posts: 11Member
    Hi,
    yes your pc have a virus problem
    you have to scan anti virus like norton and please use bootable cd and install setup agin

Regards
    Satyadev Singh