Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need Help, after installation of 8i !!!!!

blinsteinblinstein Member Posts: 4
Hello,
I just installed Oracle 8I (I'm new student on this), in my PC (XP), and I'm trying to enter to the SQL editor, without success:
1. I'm having problems with the username and password!!!!
2. I tried "scott" and "tiger", like my proffesor said , but it didn't work.

How can I know the password?? what file I can browse???

thanks,

blins

Comments

• lions84lions84 Member Posts: 3
    [b][red]This message was edited by lions84 at 2004-2-8 20:56:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hello,
    : I just installed Oracle 8I (I'm new student on this), in my PC (XP), and I'm trying to enter to the SQL editor, without success:
    : 1. I'm having problems with the username and password!!!!
    : 2. I tried "scott" and "tiger", like my proffesor said , but it didn't work.
    :
    : How can I know the password?? what file I can browse???
    :
    : thanks,
    :
    : blins
    :
    :

there is no file that you can browse for the password. first what is the exact error message that you are getting? if it is the ORA-01017 : invalid username/password; logon denied then the scott/tiger account must be disabled. try system/manager else use the db config assist to reset the db.
    try this link it is a good learning place for oracle.
    http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/index.html

• blinsteinblinstein Member Posts: 4
    Thanks, for your help, but I'm still having the problem,
    the message is : ORA-01034 Oracle not available
    I was searching in the page you gave me , without succes of finding an answer for this, any other help I wll appreciate,

thanks
    blins

: [b][red]This message was edited by lions84 at 2004-2-8 20:56:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hello,
    : : I just installed Oracle 8I (I'm new student on this), in my PC (XP), and I'm trying to enter to the SQL editor, without success:
    : : 1. I'm having problems with the username and password!!!!
    : : 2. I tried "scott" and "tiger", like my proffesor said , but it didn't work.
    : :
    : : How can I know the password?? what file I can browse???
    : : thanks,
    : : blins
    :
    : there is no file that you can browse for the password. first what is the exact error message that you are getting? if it is the ORA-01017 : invalid username/password; logon denied then the scott/tiger account must be disabled. try system/manager else use the db config assist to reset the db.
    : try this link it is a good learning place for oracle.
    : http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/index.html
    :
    :
    :
    :

• lions84lions84 Member Posts: 3
    : Thanks, for your help, but I'm still having the problem,
    : the message is : ORA-01034 Oracle not available
    : I was searching in the page you gave me , without succes of finding an answer for this, any other help I wll appreciate,
    :
    : thanks
    : blins
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : : [b][red]This message was edited by lions84 at 2004-2-8 20:56:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : Hello,
    : : : I just installed Oracle 8I (I'm new student on this), in my PC (XP), and I'm trying to enter to the SQL editor, without success:
    : : : 1. I'm having problems with the username and password!!!!
    : : : 2. I tried "scott" and "tiger", like my proffesor said , but it didn't work.
    : : :
    : : : How can I know the password?? what file I can browse???
    : : : thanks,
    : : : blins
    : : there is no file that you can browse for the password. first what is the exact error message that you are getting? if it is the ORA-01017 : invalid username/password; logon denied then the scott/tiger account must be disabled. try system/manager else use the db config assist to reset the db.
    : : try this link it is a good learning place for oracle.
    : : http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/index.html
    ORA-01034 ORACLE not available
    Cause: Oracle was not started. Possible causes include the following:
    The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.

I remember a case with an earlier version of 8i where the Java Cache was not set large enough by the DBCA.
    Navigate to
    c:[oracle_home}Admin[database name]pfileinit.ora*
    For example my DB is at
    F:Oracleadminwaterdbpfileinit.ora
    Once there open the init.ora file with notepad and find this text.
    java_pool_size=33554432
    large_pool_size=8388608
    shared_pool_size=50331648
    Set the size to the numbers I have here. Additionally make sure you have enough disk space available.
    :
    :

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37
    if u received the error "Oracle not available" its mean that oracle instance is not started.so, frist u have to check that the services r start by checking through 'controlpanel/administrativetools/services';
    after starting services u should log-on as 'internal/orale' on linemode(svrmgrl) and issue "startup" command.after that u can log-on as scott/tiger.

: : Thanks, for your help, but I'm still having the problem,
    : : the message is : ORA-01034 Oracle not available
    : : I was searching in the page you gave me , without succes of finding an answer for this, any other help I wll appreciate,
    : : thanks
    : : blins
    : : : [b][red]This message was edited by lions84 at 2004-2-8 20:56:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : : : : Hello,
    : : : : I just installed Oracle 8I (I'm new student on this), in my PC (XP), and I'm trying to enter to the SQL editor, without success:
    : : : : 1. I'm having problems with the username and password!!!!
    : : : : 2. I tried "scott" and "tiger", like my proffesor said , but it didn't work.
    : : : :
    : : : : How can I know the password?? what file I can browse???
    : : : : thanks,
    : : : : blins
    : : : there is no file that you can browse for the password. first what is the exact error message that you are getting? if it is the ORA-01017 : invalid username/password; logon denied then the scott/tiger account must be disabled. try system/manager else use the db config assist to reset the db.
    : : : try this link it is a good learning place for oracle.
    : : : http://otn.oracle.com/products/oracle9i/htdocs/9iobe/OBE9i-Public/index.html
    : ORA-01034 ORACLE not available
    : Cause: Oracle was not started. Possible causes include the following:
    : The SGA requires more space than was allocated for it.
    :
    : I remember a case with an earlier version of 8i where the Java Cache was not set large enough by the DBCA.
    : Navigate to
    : c:[oracle_home}Admin[database name]pfileinit.ora*
    : For example my DB is at
    : F:Oracleadminwaterdbpfileinit.ora
    : Once there open the init.ora file with notepad and find this text.
    : java_pool_size=33554432
    : large_pool_size=8388608
    : shared_pool_size=50331648
    : Set the size to the numbers I have here. Additionally make sure you have enough disk space available.
    :
    :
    :
    :