Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

getting 0 in textboxes when connect to Oracle8.0 via ADO...

i am connecting Visual Basic 6.0 with ADO connection with Oracle 8.0 Personal Edition.

in VB 6.0, in the text fields in which i am calling all the respected column values in respected textboxes, i am getting all integer values as 0 (zero).

i tryed all the things.
charaters are shown fine. but the integer values are 0. (eg. Roll_no becomes zero but Student_name are shown fine) on another computer at my office also has same problem.

any solution?

i am useing p-3 windows98 with 128MB ram.
=======================

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : i am connecting Visual Basic 6.0 with ADO connection with Oracle 8.0 Personal Edition.
    :
    : in VB 6.0, in the text fields in which i am calling all the respected column values in respected textboxes, i am getting all integer values as 0 (zero).
    :
    : i tryed all the things.
    : charaters are shown fine. but the integer values are 0. (eg. Roll_no becomes zero but Student_name are shown fine) on another computer at my office also has same problem.
    :
    : any solution?
    :
    : i am useing p-3 windows98 with 128MB ram.
    : =======================
    :

are you using Code to connect and retrive the data, or are you using a Active X object such as an ADO Data Control?

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• nachiket2k2nachiket2k2 Member Posts: 70
    [blue] i use ADO ActiveX control.....[/blue]

[hr]: : i am connecting Visual Basic 6.0 with ADO connection with Oracle 8.0 Personal Edition.
    : : i tryed all the things.
    : : charaters are shown fine. but the integer values are 0. (eg. Roll_no becomes zero but Student_name are shown fine) on another computer at my office also has same problem.
    : :
    : : any solution?
    : :
    : : i am useing p-3 windows98 with 128MB ram.
    : : =======================
    : are you using Code to connect and retrive the data, or are you using a Active X object such as an ADO Data Control?
    [hr]

[red] [size=4] NACHIKET [/size][/red]
  • GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2004-2-12 12:8:43[/red][/b][hr]
    : [blue] i use ADO ActiveX control.....[/blue]
    :
    : [hr]: : i am connecting Visual Basic 6.0 with ADO connection with Oracle 8.0 Personal Edition.
    : : : i tryed all the things.
    : : : charaters are shown fine. but the integer values are 0. (eg. Roll_no becomes zero but Student_name are shown fine) on another computer at my office also has same problem.
    : : :
    : : : any solution?
    : : :
    : : : i am useing p-3 windows98 with 128MB ram.
    : : : =======================
    : : are you using Code to connect and retrive the data, or are you using a Active X object such as an ADO Data Control?
    : [hr]
    :
    : [red] [size=4] NACHIKET [/size][/red]
    :

what are you using to display the data?, DataGrid, bound textbox's, etc...?
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]

• nachiket2k2nachiket2k2 Member Posts: 70
    ============
    i am using Textboxes with ADO data controlto display data...
    i have oracle 8.0i personal edition, win98 OS.
    ============