Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Question about perl

WerewolfWareWerewolfWare Posts: 304Member
Can I connect C++ programs with internet using perl or any other internet programming language.

[red][b]IF YOU ARE JONTHAN - DO NOT SEND A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT ANSWERING.[/b][/red]

Comments

• XfactorXfactor Posts: 343Member
    : Can I connect C++ programs with internet using perl or any other internet programming language.
    :
    : [red][b]IF YOU ARE JONTHAN - DO NOT SEND A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT ANSWERING.[/b][/red]
    :

Internet is a generic term really. It would help to know what kind of connection you are wanting to make. Besides, if you're using C++ to begin with, you'll probably want to use C++ for your connection.

What do you have against Jonathan? He knows his stuff. Jonathan and Wierdofreak are the only ones that really know anything on here.

X
  • WeirdofreakWeirdofreak Posts: 439Member
    Jonathon, mainly. I can't really do anything heavy-duty.

But yeah, that's rather vague. I expect there are ways of getting a web page using C++, but I don't know them, and probably ways of calling a Perl command too. If necessary, you could probably do `./perlscript`, substituting the backticks for whatever C++ uses to execute a shell command.
  • ErikTErikT Posts: 1Member
    : Can I connect C++ programs with internet using perl or any other internet programming language.
    :
    : [red][b]IF YOU ARE JONTHAN - DO NOT SEND A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE BECAUSE YOU SUCK AT ANSWERING.[/b][/red]
    :

Assuming I could find the question, or could decipher what you actually wanted, I'd be happy to help. Then again my answer would probably suck too. Good luck in your pursuit of flaming for answers. Cheers!