Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Frustrating Problem...

prospect22prospect22 Member Posts: 11
Hi, I am connecting a SQL Server 2k database to a website in Dreamweaver MX using a custom string database connection, obtained from a .udl file. Although I can preview the website when it only contains text, when I introduce a simple recordset and dynamic table, the following error message appears:

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for
user CARRERA-FP4CXS0IUSR_ CARRERA-FP4CXS0.
/TMP12yy2s61a4.asp, line 8

(Line 8 in Dreamweaver reads: Recordset1.ActiveConnection = MM_con23_STRING)

I would be extremely grateful if anone could help me to resolve this problem.

Thanks.

Comments

• WolfsbaneWolfsbane Member Posts: 12
    : Hi, I am connecting a SQL Server 2k database to a website in Dreamweaver MX using a custom string database connection, obtained from a .udl file. Although I can preview the website when it only contains text, when I introduce a simple recordset and dynamic table, the following error message appears:
    :
    : Error Type:
    : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
    : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for
    : user CARRERA-FP4CXS0IUSR_ CARRERA-FP4CXS0.
    : /TMP12yy2s61a4.asp, line 8
    :
    : (Line 8 in Dreamweaver reads: Recordset1.ActiveConnection = MM_con23_STRING)
    :
    : I would be extremely grateful if anone could help me to resolve this problem.
    :
    : Thanks.
    :
    :
    What type of security do you have on the database and database server? If it is Windows security what type of rights does the ISUR account have in the SQL database?

• prospect22prospect22 Member Posts: 11
    : : Hi, I am connecting a SQL Server 2k database to a website in Dreamweaver MX using a custom string database connection, obtained from a .udl file. Although I can preview the website when it only contains text, when I introduce a simple recordset and dynamic table, the following error message appears:
    : :
    : : Error Type:
    : : Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
    : : [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for
    : : user CARRERA-FP4CXS0IUSR_ CARRERA-FP4CXS0.
    : : /TMP12yy2s61a4.asp, line 8
    : : (Line 8 in Dreamweaver reads: Recordset1.ActiveConnection = MM_con23_STRING)
    : : I would be extremely grateful if anone could help me to resolve this problem.
    : : Thanks.
    : What type of security do you have on the database and database server? If it is Windows security what type of rights does the ISUR account have in the SQL database?
    :
    :

Thanks, I have managed to correct the problem by adjusting my IIS security settings in the administrative tools panel.