just a beep! (sound) - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

just a beep! (sound)

xaliaxalia Posts: 6Member
I just want to hear a beep! Ok and a beep-beep would be great. I found on a book the sound command but I cannot get it work! I try
sound (440);
nothing happens! I use Free Pascal, latest version. PLS help!
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• bpajkbpajk Posts: 156Member
    : I just want to hear a beep! Ok and a beep-beep would be great. I found on a book the sound command but I cannot get it work! I try
    : sound (440);
    : nothing happens! I use Free Pascal, latest version. PLS help!
    : Thank you in advance.
    :
    :
    The crt function sound (hz : word); is not supported under Windows. It is supossed to play the defaul windows sound. This is how the original function looks like in "crt.pp".
    [CODE]
    procedure sound(hz : word);
    begin
    MessageBeep(0); { lame ;-) }
    end;
    [/CODE]
    The function would probably work under DOS, but in windows try using win api if you realy need sound. And there are some units out there for the Sound Blaster...
  • xaliaxalia Posts: 6Member
    I love this forum thank you!