Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Pocket pc

linprishublinprishub Posts: 61Member
hi ,
i have developed a project in asp.net . when i try to access the application from a pocket pc it runs fine but when i am trying to fetch some infomation from the database i.e name of the employee ... ,it gives me application error.
the same application when i access from a normal pc , i can fetch and save the data , can anyone help me what will be wrong. i am using adodb connection . ok nother important thing is before fetching i update a table in sql server and that works .
Is it that i am fetching to many things, while i am updating just one field.

???????????

Comments

• patrik66patrik66 Posts: 10Member
    : hi ,
    : i have developed a project in asp.net . when i try to access the application from a pocket pc it runs fine but when i am trying to fetch some infomation from the database i.e name of the employee ... ,it gives me application error.
    : the same application when i access from a normal pc , i can fetch and save the data , can anyone help me what will be wrong. i am using adodb connection . ok nother important thing is before fetching i update a table in sql server and that works .
    : Is it that i am fetching to many things, while i am updating just one field.
    :
    :
    : ???????????
    :

Hi!
    What device are you using, is it a emulator or is it the real thing?
    Is the application a pocket pc application (created using compact framework web control) or is it a regular webapplication?

// Patrik

• linprishublinprishub Posts: 61Member
    : : hi ,
    : : i have developed a project in asp.net . when i try to access the application from a pocket pc it runs fine but when i am trying to fetch some infomation from the database i.e name of the employee ... ,it gives me application error.
    : : the same application when i access from a normal pc , i can fetch and save the data , can anyone help me what will be wrong. i am using adodb connection . ok nother important thing is before fetching i update a table in sql server and that works .
    : : Is it that i am fetching to many things, while i am updating just one field.
    : :
    : : ???????????
    :
    : Hi!
    : What device are you using, is it a emulator or is it the real thing?
    : Is the application a pocket pc application (created using compact framework web control) or is it a regular webapplication?
    :
    : // Patrik
    :
    :
    hi patrik,
    thanks buddy , but i finally solved the problem and i have developed it by normal asp.net application. i solved the problem ,actually i was fillinga combo and the data was too much , i reduced the data and it worked .