Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Trying To Create One Installation Disk

David EsofDavid Esof Member Posts: 44
Hi there,

I have recently completed a booking system for a transport company. I need some help creting the installation.
I would like to create an one installation disk that will:
1. Install Oracle 8i personal edition first
2. install the application (Forms Run time).
I would really appreciate it if someone could help as soon as possible.

Thanks David....

Comments

• infidelinfidel Member Posts: 2,900
    : Hi there,
    :
    : I have recently completed a booking system for a transport company. I need some help creting the installation.
    : I would like to create an one installation disk that will:
    : 1. Install Oracle 8i personal edition first
    : 2. install the application (Forms Run time).
    : I would really appreciate it if someone could help as soon as possible.

Unless I'm mistaken, Personal Edition is over two gigabytes to install. That is assuming you want the actual full database instead of just the client stuff. You have licenses for all the installs you're going to do?

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]

• David EsofDavid Esof Member Posts: 44
    : : Hi there,
    : :
    : : I have recently completed a booking system for a transport company. I need some help creting the installation.
    : : I would like to create an one installation disk that will:
    : : 1. Install Oracle 8i personal edition first
    : : 2. install the application (Forms Run time).
    : : I would really appreciate it if someone could help as soon as possible.
    :
    : Unless I'm mistaken, Personal Edition is over two gigabytes to install. That is assuming you want the actual full database instead of just the client stuff. You have licenses for all the installs you're going to do?
    :
    :
    : [size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]
    :
    : [code]
    : $ select * from users where clue > 0
    : no rows returned
    : [/code]
    :
    :
    Hi ,

Sorry I was not clear with my first question about creating one installation disc that has Oracle 8i and the application that I designed.
    My boss recently purchased an accounting package called merlin from Dubai, and when i installed it there was no need to install the Oracle Database first. So I was then given the task of finding a soultion in which all of the software that Alpha designs can be package on one cd.

One of our clients have recently upgraded from forms 6i to forms 9i. The conversion went will and the only problem is that the oracle forms 9i runs in a web brower and I need the form to run normal like in forms 6i.

My e-mail address is david_esof@hotmail.com so you anyone can e-mail there solution, I would really appreciate any feed back.

Thank You

Later David