Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

need some help with inputs

hiya, how do I make so people can input text in an input box? when I try to do it, I get a redo from start message.

Using qb 4.5

later..

cozmikx

Comments

• : hiya, how do I make so people can input text in an input box? when I try to do it, I get a redo from start message.

:

: Using qb 4.5

:

: later..

:

: cozmikx

:

================================================

OK, First, redo from start is an error that occurs when you input say a number EX:input "", num

And you type a string!

to solve this error, simply EX:input "", Answer$

then

num = val(Answer$)

That should stop the error!!!

Also NOTE: input statements can have several variables to input EX: input "", num1, num2, num3

The variable values are seperated by commas EX:Input "First Last", First$, Last$

EX:First Last Zordiac, TheBald

If you are only inputing one variable, and it may contain commas, use Line Input, instead!!!

Keep On Programming!!!

• Thanks

: : hiya, how do I make so people can input text in an input box? when I try to do it, I get a redo from start message.

: :

: : Using qb 4.5

: : later..

: : cozmikx

: ================================================

: OK, First, redo from start is an error that occurs when you input say a number EX:input "", num

: And you type a string!

: to solve this error, simply EX:input "", Answer$

: then

: num = val(Answer$)

: That should stop the error!!!

:

: Also NOTE: input statements can have several variables to input EX: input "", num1, num2, num3

: The variable values are seperated by commas EX:Input "First Last", First$, Last$

: EX:First Last Zordiac, TheBald

:

: If you are only inputing one variable, and it may contain commas, use Line Input, instead!!!

:

: Keep On Programming!!!

:

: