Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Modify e-mail settings remotely

I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this: Some of my clients are, uhm, "technically challenged" so I'd like to be able to remotely change their e-mail settings (I'm offering them hosting services) without them having to go through the steps. I think I've seen somewhere (hosts) that when people click on a link, it will format someone's Outlook/Express with host's info. Can this be done? What about other e-mail programs?

Thanks!

Comments

• ReplSoftReplSoft Member Posts: 23
    : I was wondering if anyone knows how to do this: Some of my clients are, uhm, "technically challenged" so I'd like to be able to remotely change their e-mail settings (I'm offering them hosting services) without them having to go through the steps. I think I've seen somewhere (hosts) that when people click on a link, it will format someone's Outlook/Express with host's info. Can this be done? What about other e-mail programs?
    :
    : Thanks!
    :

You can make a standalone program which allows to change e-mail settings in Outlook. Program can get access to the Outlook via COM technology. Send this program to your clients and they are run it.
    About other e-mail program I am not sure. But some of them provide COM interface too as I think :)

Good luck in so task,

Alexey

• shqiposhqipo Member Posts: 3
    :
    : You can make a standalone program which allows to change e-mail settings in Outlook. Program can get access to the Outlook via COM technology. Send this program to your clients and they are run it.
    : About other e-mail program I am not sure. But some of them provide COM interface too as I think :)
    :
    : Good luck in so task,
    :
    : Alexey
    :
    :
    Thnx Alexey! I was hoping maybe someone knows of a program like that I can take a look at or purchase.