Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

AdminMisc module

martin23martin23 Posts: 6Member
can anyone help with a manual installation of this module?
From home I installed fine using ppm, however from work this is impossible due to file download blocking software. the module is available from roth.net.
I am unable to find out what is the definitive latest version and how to manually install it, I am new to this and find the installation documentation very confusing.
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Martin

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    Hi,

: can anyone help with a manual installation of this module?
    : From home I installed fine using ppm, however from work this is
    : impossible due to file download blocking software. the module is
    : available from roth.net.
    : I am unable to find out what is the definitive latest version and
    : how to manually install it, I am new to this and find the
    : installation documentation very confusing.
    It says on roth.net that they have the latest version and it points you to an FTP location. There are two folders, bin and source. Look in bin. You'll then see zip files with numbers in the name, like 5005, 5600, 6800. This corresponds to your version of Perl, which you'll need to find out (using perl -v). Download the appropriate one.

You found installation documentation? I didn't...any chance you can post it here with info on what you did not understand and I can try to clarify stuff.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• martin23martin23 Posts: 6Member
    its ok, iv'e sorted it now, you just extract the zip file from the root and all the files are installed in the correct place.
    thanks