TaskBar - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

TaskBar

DB1DB1 Posts: 1,142Member
I've made a MFC dialog app with no border and title bar (no minimize maximize & close buttons). I use "SetWindowText" so that I have a taskbar button with the title, but when you right-click on the taskbar button, there is no options pop-up. Is there a way to have at least a minimize/maximize option added to the taskbar button without adding a title bar to the application?

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]

Comments

• DB1DB1 Posts: 1,142Member
    : I've made a MFC dialog app with no border and title bar (no minimize maximize & close buttons). I use "SetWindowText" so that I have a taskbar button with the title, but when you right-click on the taskbar button, there is no options pop-up. Is there a way to have at least a minimize/maximize option added to the taskbar button without adding a title bar to the application?
    :
    : Thanks :)
    :

If anyone wants to know the answer, I was looking through a .rc file for another project and came up with this...

When you have a dialog that has no title bar or system menu (such as a custom draw bitmap dialog), all you end up with for a taskbar button is a blank button that does nothing except bring a window into focus. So, just 2 lines of code seem to resolve the issue:

SetWindowText("My Application"); // sets the taskbar button text

ModifyStyle( 0, WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_SYSMENU );

The WS_MINIMIZEBOX style sets it so that clicking on the taskbar button will minimize/restore the application, and the WS_SYSMENU style sets it so that 1) your application icon shows up on the taskbar button and 2) there is a right-click system menu on the taskbar button.

Hope someone else finds this useful.

[italic][blue]To understand recursive, first you need to understand recursive[/blue][/italic]