Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Which language will be better for me

NasirHaiderNasirHaider Posts: 3Member
Hi
I have mainly learned C++. But now I want to learn some new and advanced language. I started Visual c++ but I felt it difficult and also felt that it has less scope. Now I am searching that, Which language will be better. Will c# be better for me or any other(like java or VC). I will be thankful to u for ur replies.

Comments

• hlgtalstrahlgtalstra Posts: 8Member
    : Hi
    : I have mainly learned C++. But now I want to learn some new and advanced language. I started Visual c++ but I felt it difficult and also felt that it has less scope. Now I am searching that, Which language will be better. Will c# be better for me or any other(like java or VC). I will be thankful to u for ur replies.
    :
    :
    Why don't you just try out C# and see for yourself. C# ain't that dificult.
  • BaldusariusBaldusarius Posts: 162Member
    I'm a little confused by your assertion that VC++ is somehow more limited in scope than C++. VC++ is a superset of the standard language (though it does not adhere strictly to the standard). Anyhow...

The answer to your question depends on what you'll be doing with the language. Someone who writes operating systems wouldn't be interested in learning Visual Basic or PERL any more than someone who writes internal line-of-business applications would be interested in learning C or assembly.

It also depends on the platform you'll be targeting. If you're targeting Microsoft systems and writing business or database applications, C# would be an excellent choice. It offers great productivity and the full use of the .NET framework.

Linux does have Mono available should you decide to code in C# for that platform, but it remains to be seen whether that will really take off as a programming environment under Linux.

Java would probably be the closest analogue to C# for the open-source world. You mentioned it in the same breath as C, which, aside from curly braces and a few keywords, shares just about none of its characteristics.

There are a lot of languages to choose from. Once you get past the majors (C, C++, C#, Java, VB, PERL, Python, etc.) there are literally hundreds of languages out there. Some are general purpose; Some are specialized.

I say start from what you want to accomplish and work backwards.

: Hi
    : I have mainly learned C++. But now I want to learn some new and advanced language. I started Visual c++ but I felt it difficult and also felt that it has less scope. Now I am searching that, Which language will be better. Will c# be better for me or any other(like java or VC). I will be thankful to u for ur replies.
    :
    :