Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

program in a window

y2keabley2keable Posts: 23Member
I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.

this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."

cheers

Comments

• the_plaguethe_plague Posts: 8Member
    : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    :
    : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    :
    : cheers
    :
    What are you using to make the program? Visual Basic, Visual Studios C++?
    Michael Peacock - Programming Maniac

• y2keabley2keable Posts: 23Member
    : : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    : :
    : : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    : : cheers
    : What are you using to make the program? Visual Basic, Visual Studios C++?
    : Michael Peacock - Programming Maniac
    :

: Quick BASIC 7.1

• Azurith_XEONAzurith_XEON Posts: 15Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Azurith_XEON at 2005-1-18 13:55:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    :
    : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    :
    : cheers
    :

"Right click on the window and select properties..." Just kiddin.
    You could edit the file path properties. I do this for my diablo2.
    for example: The normal path of d2 is:
    c:/diablo2/diablo2.exe
    just set a "-w" command at the end of the string so that it looks like this
    "c:/diablo2/diablo2.exe" -w
    it makes diablo2.exe open in a windowed mode.
    that's the easy, lazy way. its something like that, not good at remembering stuff, lol
    anyways, goodluck.

~Azurith