program in a window - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

program in a window

y2keabley2keable Posts: 23Member
I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.

this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."

cheers

Comments

• the_plaguethe_plague Posts: 8Member
    : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    :
    : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    :
    : cheers
    :
    What are you using to make the program? Visual Basic, Visual Studios C++?
    Michael Peacock - Programming Maniac

• y2keabley2keable Posts: 23Member
    : : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    : :
    : : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    : : cheers
    : What are you using to make the program? Visual Basic, Visual Studios C++?
    : Michael Peacock - Programming Maniac
    :

: Quick BASIC 7.1

• Azurith_XEONAzurith_XEON Posts: 15Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by Azurith_XEON at 2005-1-18 13:55:28[/red][/b][hr]
    : I've already established how to make a program execute in full screen when it would normaly open in a window (people who use windows XP will know what i mean...annoying isn't it) but i need to know how to make the program execute in a window when it would normaly open in full screen.
    :
    : this needs to be in the form of code that i can put into my program...cos i just know i'm gonna get tones of people saying "right click on the window and select properties..."
    :
    : cheers
    :

"Right click on the window and select properties..." Just kiddin.
    You could edit the file path properties. I do this for my diablo2.
    for example: The normal path of d2 is:
    c:/diablo2/diablo2.exe
    just set a "-w" command at the end of the string so that it looks like this
    "c:/diablo2/diablo2.exe" -w
    it makes diablo2.exe open in a windowed mode.
    that's the easy, lazy way. its something like that, not good at remembering stuff, lol
    anyways, goodluck.

~Azurith