Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Need advice...

mikeOne911mikeOne911 Member Posts: 36
Hi everyone...I'm working on a project and I need some advice.

My project is going to be an online (client/server) appointment scheduling system. I'm writing it in Java and running a MySQL database underneath it. I'm using Connector J, which is a JDBC driver, to connect my Java application to the MySQL database.

Here's where I need advice. I want my Java application to send meeting request notifications and confirmations to meeting attendees through email. How do I go about in doing that? Is there some kind of special email API out there that would allow me to do that? If so, please direct me to a good source.

Another question...Can my application act as a client for 2 or more different servers at the same time? EX: Be connected to the MySQL database and act as a Chat Client at the same time? If so, please direct me to a good example source.

Thanks...I'm still a beginner in programming and I appreciate all of your help and advice :)

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Member Posts: 2,914
    Hi,

Sorry I didn't spot/respond to your post earlier.

: Hi everyone...I'm working on a project and I need some advice.
    :
    : My project is going to be an online (client/server) appointment scheduling system. I'm writing it in Java and running a MySQL database underneath it. I'm using Connector J, which is a JDBC driver, to connect my Java application to the MySQL database.
    :
    : Here's where I need advice. I want my Java application to send meeting request notifications and confirmations to meeting attendees through email. How do I go about in doing that? Is there some kind of special email API out there that would allow me to do that? If so, please direct me to a good source.
    :
    You'd best ask this on the JAVA board, not the MySQL one.

: Another question...Can my application act as a client for 2 or more different servers at the same time? EX: Be connected to the MySQL database and act as a Chat Client at the same time? If so, please direct me to a good example source.
    :
    I don't see any reason why not - you just have the connections to both servers as required. Nothing special to do as such. As for examples, do a Google or again, ask on the JAVA board.

: Thanks...I'm still a beginner in programming and I appreciate all of your help and advice :)
    :
    I've gotta learn JAVA for uni starting from a few days time, so I should have a better clue on this stuff in a month or two...

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");