copy/paste clipboard - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

copy/paste clipboard

I am trying to write a console program that needs access to the clipboard, but I am having a hard time finding any info. Where can I find the any clipboard functions? Are the functions the same in different Linux distributions? Can the functions be used in console mode, without desktop?

Any help is appreciated

Comments

• Jeff P.Jeff P. Posts: 196Member
    : I am trying to write a console program that needs access to the clipboard, but I am having a hard time finding any info. Where can I find the any clipboard functions? Are the functions the same in different Linux distributions? Can the functions be used in console mode, without desktop?
    :
    : Any help is appreciated
    :
    :

Here is a simple application to get/set the X clipboard:
    http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~vherva/xsel/xsel.c

As far as accessing the console (gpm?) clipboard, that's a whole different animal.

Check your system for /usr/include/gpm.h or /usr/local/include/gpm.h
    Maybe you can get some ideas from there...
  • AidmanAidman Posts: 15Member
    : : I am trying to write a console program that needs access to the clipboard, but I am having a hard time finding any info. Where can I find the any clipboard functions? Are the functions the same in different Linux distributions? Can the functions be used in console mode, without desktop?
    : :
    : : Any help is appreciated
    :
    : Here is a simple application to get/set the X clipboard:
    : http://www.niksula.cs.hut.fi/~vherva/xsel/xsel.c
    :
    : As far as accessing the console (gpm?) clipboard, that's a whole different animal.
    :
    : Check your system for /usr/include/gpm.h or /usr/local/include/gpm.h
    : Maybe you can get some ideas from there...
    :

OK, thanks mate :)