Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Error 3266 Database Backup

reverettreverett Member Posts: 2
I am using SQL Server 2000 and using a maintenance plan to backup up several databases to the local hard drive. I recently started receiving this Error: DESCRIPTION: 3266
The backup data in 'D:SQL2000MSSQLBACKUPMETERINVENTORYBACKUP' is incorrectly formatted. Backups cannot be appended, but existing backup sets may still be usable.

I think I have found the work around but am not really sure on what this command does. Could somebody please explain if this solution is the right thing to do?

Workaround:

Backup Database MyDataBase Set Disk='D:MyDir' With Format

Thanks in Advance

Everett

Comments

• HackmanCHackmanC Member Posts: 441
    I will make a huge guess, sorry if it doesnt help...
    have you check the available space?

----
    : I am using SQL Server 2000 and using a maintenance plan to backup up several databases to the local hard drive. I recently started receiving this Error: DESCRIPTION: 3266
    : The backup data in 'D:SQL2000MSSQLBACKUPMETERINVENTORYBACKUP' is incorrectly formatted. Backups cannot be appended, but existing backup sets may still be usable.
    :
    :
    : I think I have found the work around but am not really sure on what this command does. Could somebody please explain if this solution is the right thing to do?
    :
    : Workaround:
    :
    : Backup Database MyDataBase Set Disk='D:MyDir' With Format
    :
    :
    : Thanks in Advance
    :
    : Everett
    :
    :

[red]Good luck![/red]