Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Edit Box

I am trying to create an array of edit boxes/labels which can be changed. I have a menu which when I click on New brings up a sub form which prompts the user to enter a number between 10 and 20 and then creates this number of Edit boxes on the original form, close my sub form and brings up the original form. I can successfully do this but when I click on a button to make changes to the label captions they do not change.

Any help you can offer would be very grateful

Matthew Dominey

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : I am trying to create an array of edit boxes/labels which can be changed. I have a menu which when I click on New brings up a sub form which prompts the user to enter a number between 10 and 20 and then creates this number of Edit boxes on the original form, close my sub form and brings up the original form. I can successfully do this but when I click on a button to make changes to the label captions they do not change.
    :
    : Any help you can offer would be very grateful
    :
    : Matthew Dominey
    :
    :
    If you could post your code to change the label captions, we could see what you have done and if there is a solution for it.
    I've faced this problem also, and found a different, possibly simpler solution for it: TStringGrid with 2 columns, of which 1 was a fixed column. By specifying the RowCount you can control the number of "label-edit" combinations. You can use the Columns[0] property to set the "labels" and the Columns[1] property is the edited text.