Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

the technology of CGI

bengesbenges Posts: 331Member
hi everyone, as i'm a new beginner to CGI, i have some doubt about CGI, can some help to clarify question below? thanks a lot

1.) what is the [b]technology of CGI[/b]?

2.) and which area its mostly involved in?

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : hi everyone, as i'm a new beginner to CGI, i have some doubt about
    : CGI, can some help to clarify question below? thanks a lot
    :
    : 1.) what is the [b]technology of CGI[/b]?
    :
    CGI stands for Common Gateway Interface. It provides a standard for enabling a web server (like Apache, IIS) to call an external program (which may be written in any number of languages - Perl, C, even VB...) to handle a request. The specification states that certain things will be in environment variables, POSTed data will be on stdin and anything sent to stdout will be send to the browser. CGIs are expected to print valid HTTP headers. That's the basics of it - it's a pretty simple idea.

: 2.) and which area its mostly involved in?
    Web development/web programming.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");