LIBs and DLLs

This is probably a very silly question, but I've been thrown in at the deep end in work. I am generating DLLs and LIBs from Dev Studio, and a guy here wants to know what exactly DLLs and LIBs are, what they are used for, and "how they work" - and I can't answer, and he's higher up than me in the organisation. Can anybody please help??

thanks in advance,

BQ

Comments

• : This is probably a very silly question, but I've been thrown in at the deep end in work. I am generating DLLs and LIBs from Dev Studio, and a guy here wants to know what exactly DLLs and LIBs are, what they are used for, and "how they work" - and I can't answer, and he's higher up than me in the organisation. Can anybody please help??

: thanks in advance,

: BQ

• DLL files are District Local Lios, that check the system configuriation in your BIOS directory. If not there your BIOS will not work properly and call you dirty names.

LIBS are Lios In BIOS, they are the backbone of your operating system, if you try to open them, you will get a CD-ROM drive error, and a malfunction of the traces in temporary system files. OK, ...You're welcome, have a nice day!

• This doesn't sound right - DLLs are Dynamic Link Libraries, I know that much (but not what they do etc as mentioned in my first posting).

Is this guy pulling my leg, or is he on a much higher plane than me??

: DLL files are District Local Lios, that check the system configuriation in your BIOS directory. If not there your BIOS will not work properly and call you dirty names.

: LIBS are Lios In BIOS, they are the backbone of your operating system, if you try to open them, you will get a CD-ROM drive error, and a malfunction of the traces in temporary system files. OK, ...You're welcome, have a nice day!

• DLL stands for DLL="Dough lap licker", and the LIB stands for LIB="Listen In Bits". They are used for alien communications

I hope that helped :P