Redirection based on band-width - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Redirection based on band-width

zythophiloszythophilos Posts: 7Member
I would like to know if is there a way of redirecting based on client's bandwith. I apologize if this is a newbie question (or not about PHP at all)

Comments

• netgertnetgert Posts: 331Member
    : I would like to know if is there a way of redirecting based on client's bandwith. I apologize if this is a newbie question (or not about PHP at all)
    :
    There are a lot of client-side bandwidth meters (in JavaScript however) so you should check out JavaScript messageboard or search for connection speed test on google
    [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]

• DarQDarQ Posts: 1,625Member
    : : I would like to know if is there a way of redirecting based on client's bandwith. I apologize if this is a newbie question (or not about PHP at all)
    : :
    : There are a lot of client-side bandwidth meters (in JavaScript however) so you should check out JavaScript messageboard or search for connection speed test on google
    : [hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]
    :

if you use apache as webserver, then i believe there is a module that can do certain actions based upon bandwidth utilization. and btw: it's always better to do things server-side.
    if a server-side sollution is not available, then javascript is THE language to solve the problem.

[size=5][italic][blue]Dar[RED]Q[/RED][/blue][/italic][/size]
    NEW url--> http://mark.space.servehttp.com