Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

detecting an internet connection on user end

i wanna know how to detect internet connection on user end from linux. Is there any API or command to detect if user has internet connection or not. Please help me out

Comments

• LONGOBARDLONGOBARD Member Posts: 5
    : i wanna know how to detect internet connection on user end from linux. Is there any API or command to detect if user has internet connection or not. Please help me out
    :
    :
    You want to handle user connetions? Use LKM

Sorry for my pour English (i`m from Russia).

• satishkhatrisatishkhatri Member Posts: 31
    Please tell me what's LKM and how to use it.

: : i wanna know how to detect internet connection on user end from linux. Is there any API or command to detect if user has internet connection or not. Please help me out
    : :
    : :
    : You want to handle user connetions? Use LKM
    :
    : Sorry for my pour English (i`m from Russia).
    :
    :

• LONGOBARDLONGOBARD Member Posts: 5
    [b][red]This message was edited by LONGOBARD at 2004-1-8 1:5:48[/red][/b][hr]
    LKM is a Loadable Kernel Module. I don`t know English docs about how to write it, use google and find it yourself. At www.xakep.ru you can find 6 small articles about network and LKM`s but these articles are russian. Here are the link to the first article (use some dictionary, e.g. Lingvo, to translate it):
    www.xakep.ru/post/20185/default.asp

At the right side of this document you can find links to other parts of this article.
    Sorry for my pour English (i`m from Russia).