Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Help with QBasic..

I just got into programming with QBasic and I need too know some things...

First, how do I make it so, like for instance, if someone entered a 1 in an input it would play a sound, if they entered a 2 it would be different, etc.

Next, how do I randomize numbers, so it would just be 2 digits and it would display it on the screen?

And finally, how do I clear the screen at the beginning of a QBasic program???

Thanks,

C0ZMIKX

URL:http://members.tripod.com/cozmikx/main.htm

Comments

• : First, how do I make it so, like for instance, if someone entered a 1 in an input it would play a sound, if they entered a 2 it would be different, etc.

:

Take a look at the command "Sound". It takes a frequency and duration as parameters.

Input "Enter a number between 37 and 32767: ";Freq

Input "Enter a number between 0 and 65535: ",Dur

Sound Freq, Dur

: Next, how do I randomize numbers, so it would just be 2 digits and it would display it on the screen?

:

Use randomize to "reseed" the random number generator. Then use the formula "INT ((upperbound - lowerbound + 1)*RND + lowerbound)" where upperbound and lowerbound are the highest and lowest possible numbers you want to have returned.

RANDOMIZE TIMER

Print INT ((90) * RND + 10)

: And finally, how do I clear the screen at the beginning of a QBasic program???

:

CLS

Hope this helps!