Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

program to replace physical keystrokes...

alanfoohokokalanfoohokok Member Posts: 3
Hi,

I am wondering if there is any way one can use QB4.5 or other win program to emulate physical keyboard keying in?

Why ?

this is to enable software to assist those with disabilities to use normal programs (not just programs specially designed for them) including use of this message board. Other applications e.g to enable keystrokes like control C, control V, for cut and paste etc.

any help shall be appreciated.

Thanks
alan

Comments

• ryukaiser2002ryukaiser2002 Member Posts: 33
    : Hi,
    :
    : I am wondering if there is any way one can use QB4.5 or other win program to emulate physical keyboard keying in?
    :
    : Why ?
    :
    : this is to enable software to assist those with disabilities to use normal programs (not just programs specially designed for them) including use of this message board. Other applications e.g to enable keystrokes like control C, control V, for cut and paste etc.
    :
    : any help shall be appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks
    : alan
    :
    :

I'm not sure how to do it, though the proper method is called "Stuffing the buffer" where keystrokes are written to the keyboard queue to be processed. The trigger event could be an interrupt, another key, whatever. Again though, this is just a prod in the right direction, I've no idea actually how to do this. *laughs*