Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Disk Editor Needed

I started learning assembly a short time ago and I've started playing around with writing my own basic operating system to live on a floppy disk, the problem is that although I can emulate it using emu8086, I can't find a program to write files to specific sectors of a floppy. I've tried using the write function of debug with little success. I found a program that did exactly what I needed it to called 'WinHex', but being the trial (and having a pretty steep pricetag), it won't actually write to the disk.
So if anyone can point me in the direction of a basic program to write files to specific sectors, or failing that a tutorial that will explain enough about file handling for me to do a simple one of my own, my sanity might just be restored.

Many thanks,

Peter Roberts