Link VB and C++

I am a beginer of programming in VB and c++. In my program, interface is in VB6 and the core program runs in c++. Can anybody kindly let me know how to link these two programs.The c++ programe should be able to cotrolled by VB.

Thank you.
Eric

Comments

• : Can anybody kindly let me know how to link these two programs.The c++ programe should be able to cotrolled by VB.

Yes... Get Visual Studio .NET . The whole idea of .net is that you can write a little code in C++, a little in VB, and a little in whatever and tie it all together.

><//~Psightoplasm`~

• : : Can anybody kindly let me know how to link these two programs.The c++ programe should be able to cotrolled by VB.
    :
    :
    : Yes... Get Visual Studio .NET . The whole idea of .net is that you can write a little code in C++, a little in VB, and a little in whatever and tie it all together.
    :
    : ><//~Psightoplasm`~
    :
    :

You giving out money? I've seen the price on .Net and I don't even have a first-born male to give to them!

Easy, export some StdCall functions from the C++ app and declare them in VB, or use pipes for communication (kind of like reading and writing a file), or DDE, or console APIs. There are a dozen methods of letting two programs communicate...
  • : : : Can anybody kindly let me know how to link these two programs.The c++ programe should be able to cotrolled by VB.
    : :
    : : Yes... Get Visual Studio .NET . The whole idea of .net is that you can write a little code in C++, a little in VB, and a little in whatever and tie it all together.
    : : ><//~Psightoplasm`~
    :
    : You giving out money? I've seen the price on .Net and I don't even have a first-born male to give to them!
    :
    : Easy, export some StdCall functions from the C++ app and declare them in VB, or use pipes for communication (kind of like reading and writing a file), or DDE, or console APIs. There are a dozen methods of letting two programs communicate...
    :

Or use COM, or DCOM, or use C++ to make an OCX, or...

DDE? Isn't that what they used to use in B&W TVs and record players?

:)

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• : You giving out money? I've seen the price on .Net and I don't even have a first-born male to give to them!

I got .net studio at student prices of 60 bucks... not exactly a first born mail... but if you want to come to my school of lesser learning, I'll give you an id card that somewhat resembles a yellow sticky with a photo glued on it and some cool graphics done in crayola.

kay?

><//~Psightoplasm`~

• : DDE? Isn't that what they used to use in B&W TVs and record players?

Could have been worse. I could have suggested they write to a locked file while the other process polls until the file is readable.
  • :
    : : You giving out money? I've seen the price on .Net and I don't even have a first-born male to give to them!
    :
    : I got .net studio at student prices of 60 bucks... not exactly a first born mail... but if you want to come to my school of lesser learning, I'll give you an id card that somewhat resembles a yellow sticky with a photo glued on it and some cool graphics done in crayola.
    :
    : kay?

Now [italic]this[/italic] is funny!

[size=5][italic][blue][RED]i[/RED]nfidel[/blue][/italic][/size]

[code]
    $ select * from users where clue > 0
    no rows returned
    [/code]