BURNING FILES INTO CD

The MENACE is back!!! Can anyone help me with this...I want to make an app that will burn files in an empty cd! Can someone suggest any controls or code to make this????

[b][blue]DENNIS[/blue][green] THE [/green][red]MENACE[/red][/b]

Comments

• : The MENACE is back!!! Can anyone help me with this...I want to make an app that will burn files in an empty cd! Can someone suggest any controls or code to make this????
    :
    : [b][blue]DENNIS[/blue][green] THE [/green][red]MENACE[/red][/b]
    :
    Well, you're in luck if you're using winXp (may be any os for all i know!). All you would have to do is write some code that allows them or automatically detects their CD drive, then since winXp allows you to move files onto a blank cd just like you would normally in any explorer style window (I use UDP), you can just use the common dialog to save/copy any file your app can handle onto a cd.
    [code]<%
    '// Programmed By: Zantos
    '// VisualProgramming.NET
    '// http://vp.funurl.com/
    '// visualprogramming@hotmail.com
    %>[/code]

• [b][red]This message was edited by dionisis84 at 2003-12-29 5:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    Hmmm!!! That's a really good idea!! But...I tried to copy a file in the cd-rw using CopyFile and FileCopy and MoveFile but nothing! Error!! I even tried to save the contents of a rich text box but guess what...!! NOTHING!!! How exactly do you do this, and how do you use UDP???

[b][blue]DENNIS[/blue][green] THE [/green][red]MENACE[/red][/b]

• : [b][red]This message was edited by dionisis84 at 2003-12-29 5:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hmmm!!! That's a really good idea!! But...I tried to copy a file in the cd-rw using CopyFile and FileCopy and MoveFile but nothing! Error!! I even tried to save the contents of a rich text box but guess what...!! NOTHING!!! How exactly do you do this, and how do you use UDP???
    :
    : [b][blue]DENNIS[/blue][green] THE [/green][red]MENACE[/red][/b]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    UDP stands for Universal Data Packets. The software I use for burning CDs uses this, and once I format the CD to UDP format, whenever I insert the CD into the drive, I can move, copy, paste, cut, whatever with the CD. It's like it's an insertable floppy almost. I would imagine this is possible using this method. However, if this still doesn't work for you (which it obviously isn't) then I would email me and we'll work on a small cd burning software project.
    [code]<%
    '// Programmed By: Zantos
    '// VisualProgramming.NET
    '// http://vp.funurl.com/
    '// visualprogramming@hotmail.com
    %>[/code]

• : : [b][red]This message was edited by dionisis84 at 2003-12-29 5:53:5[/red][/b][hr]
    : : Hmmm!!! That's a really good idea!! But...I tried to copy a file in the cd-rw using CopyFile and FileCopy and MoveFile but nothing! Error!! I even tried to save the contents of a rich text box but guess what...!! NOTHING!!! How exactly do you do this, and how do you use UDP???
    : :
    : : [b][blue]DENNIS[/blue][green] THE [/green][red]MENACE[/red][/b]
    : UDP stands for Universal Data Packets. The software I use for burning CDs uses this, and once I format the CD to UDP format, whenever I insert the CD into the drive, I can move, copy, paste, cut, whatever with the CD. It's like it's an insertable floppy almost. I would imagine this is possible using this method. However, if this still doesn't work for you (which it obviously isn't) then I would email me and we'll work on a small cd burning software project.
    : [code]<%
    : '// Programmed By: Zantos
    : '// VisualProgramming.NET
    : '// http://vp.funurl.com/
    : '// visualprogramming@hotmail.com
    : %>[/code]
    :
    :

UDP software installs drop-handlers to handle drag-n-drop operations and basically intercepts attempts to read/write the CD to make them possible. This is the UDP software in versions prior to XP and will allow what you suggested. XP uses it's own write handlers and does not implement UDP; that's why you have a "Write these files to CD" option.

In short, you're not using UDP software. If in XP, there might be some APIs you can use, but I suspect it's all Explorer and not Windows.