Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

how to make a database in oracle

abhinav2471abhinav2471 Member Posts: 13
hi all
I am a novice in oracle but do now the basics of databases . I am making an application in java and want to interact with an oracle database . I know how to access it using jdbc but do not know how to make a databxe in oracle . Please help . Could you also plz tell some quickstart tutorials on oracle
thankx in anticipation
abhinav

Comments

• tanveer haidertanveer haider Member Posts: 37
    : hi all
    : I am a novice in oracle but do now the basics of databases . I am making an application in java and want to interact with an oracle database . I know how to access it using jdbc but do not know how to make a databxe in oracle . Please help . Could you also plz tell some quickstart tutorials on oracle
    : thankx in anticipation
    : abhinav

for creating a databse in oracle u have to make certain changes parameter file.it is batter to copy this file to new location for changes so that ur original databse may not disturb.
    set DB_NAME="the name of ur new database", and set new location for controlfile.save the changes.

now come on the servermanager line mode by running svmmgr30(for oracle8) and svrmgrl(for 8i).connect as internal.now shutdown the database .

now issue startup nomount pfile='full path of parameter file'
    after startup issue:

CREATE DATABASE DATABASENAME(as in parameter file)
    CONTROLFILE REUSE(if u want to overwrite existing database controlfile)
    LOGFILE
    GROUP 1 'full path where log file will be write' SIZE 10M,
    GROUP 2 'full path where log file will be write' SIZE 10M
    DATAFILE 'full path where datafile will be write' SIZE 50M;

size can be more or less depends on ur needs.