Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Using data from another form?

ReiderReider Posts: 36Member
How is it again that I can let a form use the data from another form, don't I have to make it public or something somehow???

For example I want a label on my second form to show whatever was entered into the textbox in my first form.

Cheers

Reider

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Posts: 617Member
    : How is it again that I can let a form use the data from another form, don't I have to make it public or something somehow???
    :
    : For example I want a label on my second form to show whatever was entered into the textbox in my first form.
    :
    : Cheers
    :
    : Reider
    :
    There are two ways to do this, one everytime you make a change to the text box, you would also use this:
    [code]
    frmSecondFormName.lablename.caption = sameValueAsTextBox
    [/code]

you can always refference a control on another form by simply putting the name of the form before the control.

now the second way to this is in a code module:
    [code]
    Public VarName as VarType
    [/code]
    that is a global variable, a global var is accessible to all forms, functions and subs in your project. So by setting the value of your global you can then use that var to set the value of your other form

[code]
    'on the first form
    globalVarname = value

'on second form
    label1.caption = globalVarName
    [/code]

Hope this helps.
    [blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]