Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

'Div by Zero' error msg...

zapperzapper Posts: 20Member
I have two partitions on my machine - one with FAT32 containing Win98SE OS and the other with FAT16 containing MS-DOS 6.22 OS. I installed Turbo Pascal v7.0 onto the FAT16 partition and wrote a small 'Hello, World!' program just to test the installation. When I ran it, I received an 'Error 200 - Division by Zero' message. Since there is no math involved in my program, I'm wondering if there is some setting or adjustment that I need to perform. I seem to remember that I ran into this problem several years ago with an earlier version of Turbo Pascal, but I forget how I resolved the problem. Any insights would be appreciated.

zapper

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Posts: 6,349Member
    : I have two partitions on my machine - one with FAT32 containing Win98SE OS and the other with FAT16 containing MS-DOS 6.22 OS. I installed Turbo Pascal v7.0 onto the FAT16 partition and wrote a small 'Hello, World!' program just to test the installation. When I ran it, I received an 'Error 200 - Division by Zero' message. Since there is no math involved in my program, I'm wondering if there is some setting or adjustment that I need to perform. I seem to remember that I ran into this problem several years ago with an earlier version of Turbo Pascal, but I forget how I resolved the problem. Any insights would be appreciated.
    :
    : zapper
    :
    Then you probably have to too fast a computer. Try to download a patch for the crt unit.
  • darkraven32darkraven32 Posts: 14Member
    you must be tripping the TP/BP crt unit on above 200mhz cpu.it is tripped by bad math on delay() routine inside the unit.I would suggest just replacing the unit.It may be inside the system TPU 'bundle',remove it, then add another back.

I have a replacement unit (HERE) that works well.It should compile, I recently made a few changes to it,though, so no guarantees.It compiles 80% or more of the way,though.I've been working on my Run Time Libraries, so that's why it might not compile.It did compile before.Its not glorious,but it works.

I need this for my kernel.Just rename the unit.It works.

NOTE:

use fpnanosleep? instead of delay() is WAY more accurate.The procedure is inside of FPC compiler.what I give you is a generic timer that doesn't need anything else or assembler to work.