Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Deploying .NET frmwk, MDAC, and MSDE w/my app

jjfugedyjjfugedy Member Posts: 2
Help! It seems that I'm making a career out of building a MS Installer (.msi) file to package and deploy my application. I have a .NET C# dB management application that uses SQL MSDE 2000 as the back end database engine. I want to create one .msi installation file that contains:
1.) my C# appliction
2.) .NET Framework - dotnetfx.exe
3.) Microsoft Data Access Component - MSDE 2.8 (MSDE_TYP.exe)
4.) MS SQL Desktop Engine - MSDE 2000 - merge modules

I have spent 10 days researching and working this problem and have not been successful with items 2, or 3, or 4, much less installing all of them into one .msi file. I can spend another 10 days on this, or I can get one of you gurus to help me:
1.) Can this be done?
2.) Has anyone out there done this?
3.) What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance,
John Fugedy
Miami, FL

Comments

• athomasathomas Member Posts: 228
    Hi,

i assume you know how to use setup.exe wizard.

2). Copy the dotnetfix.exe to your application workspace folder and add it in the setup.exe dialog to your files.

3). If its just the exe file you want to ship with do the same as above. Note you can add any file to your app workspace folder and in setup.exe dialog ins step 2 add these files to your setup program.

4)The same again. You might zip these files before or put them into a separate folder.

Basically, you can add any files to your workspace folder and then add them via setup.exe wizard.

If you use Visual Studia standard this procedure might be a bit more complex since there is no setup.exe wizard, only a folder browser pops up.

Cheers.
    Alex

: Help! It seems that I'm making a career out of building a MS Installer (.msi) file to package and deploy my application. I have a .NET C# dB management application that uses SQL MSDE 2000 as the back end database engine. I want to create one .msi installation file that contains:
    : 1.) my C# appliction
    : 2.) .NET Framework - dotnetfx.exe
    : 3.) Microsoft Data Access Component - MSDE 2.8 (MSDE_TYP.exe)
    : 4.) MS SQL Desktop Engine - MSDE 2000 - merge modules
    :
    : I have spent 10 days researching and working this problem and have not been successful with items 2, or 3, or 4, much less installing all of them into one .msi file. I can spend another 10 days on this, or I can get one of you gurus to help me:
    : 1.) Can this be done?
    : 2.) Has anyone out there done this?
    : 3.) What do you recommend?
    : Thanks in advance,
    : John Fugedy
    : Miami, FL
    :

• pritesh_patelpritesh_patel Member Posts: 3
    : Help! It seems that I'm making a career out of building a MS Installer (.msi) file to package and deploy my application. I have a .NET C# dB management application that uses SQL MSDE 2000 as the back end database engine. I want to create one .msi installation file that contains:
    : 1.) my C# appliction
    : 2.) .NET Framework - dotnetfx.exe
    : 3.) Microsoft Data Access Component - MSDE 2.8 (MSDE_TYP.exe)
    : 4.) MS SQL Desktop Engine - MSDE 2000 - merge modules
    :
    : I have spent 10 days researching and working this problem and have not been successful with items 2, or 3, or 4, much less installing all of them into one .msi file. I can spend another 10 days on this, or I can get one of you gurus to help me:
    : 1.) Can this be done?
    : 2.) Has anyone out there done this?
    : 3.) What do you recommend?
    : Thanks in advance,
    : John Fugedy
    : Miami, FL
    :

download the bootstrap.exe tool kit
    install it.
    when u downaload bootstrap's setup.exe and try to install u get error of resoultion is not adequate
    to resoulve this probleam u set ur systems resoution setting then it will install successfully.

configure the bootstrap wizard through.

then rebuild the application.

copy the dotnetfx.exe and bootstrap in ur deployment folder.

also configure the setup.ini file. to run the setup successfully. but right now i aslo uneble to configure the setup.ini file

if u get the solution then pls inform me.

bye