xslt Question - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

xslt Question

Chris__BChris__B Posts: 51Member
I'll preface my question by stating that I'm new to Asp.net development.
What I'm looking to do is generate a navigation menu control where all the content (Categorys and Subcategorys) are accessed from an xml file.

Here's an example of the xml file

[code]

[/code]
With an xslt file, using nested tags I can generate a control which renders something similar to the follow...
[code]
Links
Reference
Letter1
Letter2
News
Release1
Release2
Directory
Staff
Admin
[/code]
What I'm wondering about though is if there's a way to set up the control so that top level nodes (Reference, News, Directory) are collapsed until the user clicks on one, I guess similar to a TreeView control.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : I'll preface my question by stating that I'm new to Asp.net development.
    : What I'm looking to do is generate a navigation menu control where all the content (Categorys and Subcategorys) are accessed from an xml file.
    :
    : Here's an example of the xml file
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    : With an xslt file, using nested tags I can generate a control which renders something similar to the follow...
    : [code]
    : Links
    : Reference
    : Letter1
    : Letter2
    : News
    : Release1
    : Release2
    : Directory
    : Staff
    : Admin
    : [/code]
    : What I'm wondering about though is if there's a way to set up the control so that top level nodes (Reference, News, Directory) are collapsed until the user clicks on one, I guess similar to a TreeView control.
    :
    : Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    :
    : Chris
    :

Your gonna have to look into genreating javascript code to to that or DHTML.