Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

xslt Question

Chris__BChris__B Posts: 51Member
I'll preface my question by stating that I'm new to Asp.net development.
What I'm looking to do is generate a navigation menu control where all the content (Categorys and Subcategorys) are accessed from an xml file.

Here's an example of the xml file

[code]

[/code]
With an xslt file, using nested tags I can generate a control which renders something similar to the follow...
[code]
Links
Reference
Letter1
Letter2
News
Release1
Release2
Directory
Staff
Admin
[/code]
What I'm wondering about though is if there's a way to set up the control so that top level nodes (Reference, News, Directory) are collapsed until the user clicks on one, I guess similar to a TreeView control.

Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Comments

• iwilld0itiwilld0it Posts: 1,134Member
    : I'll preface my question by stating that I'm new to Asp.net development.
    : What I'm looking to do is generate a navigation menu control where all the content (Categorys and Subcategorys) are accessed from an xml file.
    :
    : Here's an example of the xml file
    :
    : [code]
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    :
    : [/code]
    : With an xslt file, using nested tags I can generate a control which renders something similar to the follow...
    : [code]
    : Links
    : Reference
    : Letter1
    : Letter2
    : News
    : Release1
    : Release2
    : Directory
    : Staff
    : Admin
    : [/code]
    : What I'm wondering about though is if there's a way to set up the control so that top level nodes (Reference, News, Directory) are collapsed until the user clicks on one, I guess similar to a TreeView control.
    :
    : Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.
    :
    : Thanks in advance,
    :
    : Chris
    :

Your gonna have to look into genreating javascript code to to that or DHTML.