Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

how do I make a cool sphere + make normals on it

liviu2003liviu2003 Member Posts: 8
I started working on a 3d engine some time ago and after a while, after I implemented the basic objects(cubes,polygons), I wanted to make a sphere. It was all good until I started implementing the lights.
I noticed that the sphere was badly lighted and didn't resemble the spheres made with the "auxSolidSphere()" function.
My questions are: What is th best way to mke a sphere(and an algorithm for it) and how to efficiently light it

P.S. I work in OpenGL

Comments

• gautamgautam Member Posts: 642
    Hi,

For sphere - you can use gluSphere and use quadrics. Secondly you can write your own code to render a sphere and calculate vertex or face normals whichever suits your requirement.

: I started working on a 3d engine some time ago and after a while,
    after I implemented the basic objects(cubes,polygons), I wanted to make a sphere. It was all good until I started implementing the lights.
    : I noticed that the sphere was badly lighted and didn't resemble the spheres made with the "auxSolidSphere()" function.
    : My questions are: What is th best way to mke a sphere(and an algorithm for it) and how to efficiently light it
    :
    : P.S. I work in OpenGL
    :