Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Post & Pointers

Hi. Does anybody know where to find good information about how to use Posts & pointers in Borland Delphi 7.

I'm reading a beginners book in Delphi programming.
In this book there is an example of creating a registry of music albums with information about it.

In the program you can add and also remove posts to the registry.
This program creates a file (.dat) that contains posts with 4 items. One of these items "Antal" is declared as BYTE.

To remove a post the program gives the item "Antal" in this post the value 255 and all post with item "Antal" =255 are then ignored by the program. This sounds like a good idea but it does not work properly.

I would like to work with linked posts in this program. Does anybody know where to find information about how this works?

//freman

Comments

• netgertnetgert Member Posts: 331
    [b][red]This message was edited by Moderator at 2003-12-24 5:59:10[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi. Does anybody know where to find good information about how to use Posts & pointers in Borland Delphi 7.
    :
    : I'm reading a beginners book in Delphi programming.
    : In this book there is an example of creating a registry of music albums with information about it.
    :
    : In the program you can add and also remove posts to the registry.
    : This program creates a file (.dat) that contains posts with 4 items. One of these items "Antal" is declared as BYTE.
    :
    : To remove a post the program gives the item "Antal" in this post the value 255 and all post with item "Antal" =255 are then ignored by the program. This sounds like a good idea but it does not work properly.
    :
    : I would like to work with linked posts in this program. Does anybody know where to find information about how this works?
    [b]By the last paragraph I had no idea what you were talking about but now it seems you are actually talking about linked-lists of records using pointers. Is that correct?[/b]
    :
    : //freman
    :

[hr][red][italic][b]N[/b][/red][blue]et[/blue][red][b]G[/b][/red][blue]ert[/italic][/blue][hr]