Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

WIN-midiIn

amandoamando Posts: 2Member
[b][red]This message was edited by amando at 2004-3-7 13:59:23[/red][/b][hr]

Comments

• SephirothSephiroth Fayetteville, NC, USAPosts: 1,035Member
    : hello folks!
    : I'm using WIN-VC_6; have opened th MidiIn already and closed, but I still need a func to get the MIDI-data: who can tell me that? which header is required?
    : amando
    :
    :
    You want to get MIDI data from a closed port in other words??

-[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : : hello folks!
    : : I'm using WIN-VC_6; have opened th MidiIn already and closed, but I still need a func to get the MIDI-data: who can tell me that? which header is required?
    : : amando
    : :
    : You want to get MIDI data from a closed port in other words??
    No, I think (s)he wants to know what to put between the open and close function calls to get the MIDI data. Can I suggest looking at the MSDN for what the functions are?

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");

• amandoamando Posts: 2Member
    : : hello folks!
    : : I'm using WIN-VC_6; have opened th MidiIn already, but I still need a func to get the MIDI-data: who can tell me that? which header is required? in the MSDN I only found the function "MidiInMessage", which returns a DWORD, but it seems it won't make it (BTW: if the MSDN would give an advice, there would be no need to post... of course, any interface has to be opened to get anything).

amando
    : You want to get MIDI data from a closed port in other words??
    :
    : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    :

• squezelsquezel Posts: 2Member
    Hey dude!

Cool that you're messing with midi!
    check these things out :

- Please make sure that your callback-type is correct.
    CALLBACK_FUNCTION is often used (if u program in C, and the
    callbackfunction is implemented in the same .obj). Otherwise
    use CALLBACK_THREAD or CALLBACK_WINDOW (if u want to pass the
    midimsg's to another dialog/window or thread), but forget these.

- Make sure u call midiInStart(..) (else nothing will happen)

- Your callback function must be declared in the following format :
    void CALLBACK myMidiInCallback(HMIDIIN _hMidiIn,
    UINT wMsg,
    DWORD dwInstance,
    DWORD dwParam1,
    DWORD dwParam2){

/* ...do stuff with incoming midi msg's... */
    /* place a 'MessageBox(NULL,"YEAH!! I receive midi in!",MB_OK);*/
    }

- make sure you extract the midi-bytes from the 'wMsg' parameter with
    functions like LOWORD(wMsg) or HIWORD(wMsg). Try to search for a
    win32 C example sourcecode to see how its done.

good luck and keep the funky coding going!
    funky greetz

squezel
    [www.boompje.com]
    [www.mannetje.org]

: : : hello folks!
    : : : I'm using WIN-VC_6; have opened th MidiIn already, but I still need a func to get the MIDI-data: who can tell me that? which header is required? in the MSDN I only found the function "MidiInMessage", which returns a DWORD, but it seems it won't make it (BTW: if the MSDN would give an advice, there would be no need to post... of course, any interface has to be opened to get anything).
    :
    : : :
    :
    : amando
    : : You want to get MIDI data from a closed port in other words??
    : : -[italic][b][red]S[/red][purple]e[/purple][blue]p[/blue][green]h[/green][red]i[/red][purple]r[/purple][blue]o[/blue][green]t[/green][red]h[/red][/b][/italic]
    :
    :
    :
    :