Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

SQL Serwer performance

kel1981bkel1981b Member Posts: 852
[b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2003-12-12 10:39:54[/red][/b][hr]
Hi,

I'm VB programmer with some VB - SQL server experience who has to start to do DBA job. I've never done it before and do ot have time to attend some school/courses. So, question is: What can I do to improve Database/Server performance? I know I can clean Database but I do not know how. Can somebody give me some tip how to do that?
Thanks a lot for your help

Comments

• GideonOmegaGideonOmega Member Posts: 617
    : [b][red]This message was edited by kel1981b at 2003-12-12 10:39:54[/red][/b][hr]
    : Hi,
    :
    : I'm VB programmer with some VB - SQL server experience who has to start to do DBA job. I've never done it before and do ot have time to attend some school/courses. So, question is: What can I do to improve Database/Server performance? I know I can clean Database but I do not know how. Can somebody give me some tip how to do that?
    : Thanks a lot for your help
    :
    :
    :

one way to improve preformance if you are accessing sql server using vb is to replace any large in-line sql in your vb prog with stored procedures in sql server and then executing them from vb, another way to improve preformance is to ensure that you are making good use of index's server side and that your querys are constructed well.

[blue]
    C:Dos
    C:Dos Run
    Run Dos Run
    [/blue]