Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

DirectX and BC45

Can anybody help with a DirectX related problem im having in Borland c++ 4.5

i have a win32 directx programme setup as follows: include directories are set to "c:c45include; c:mssdkinclude", library directories are set to "c:c45lib; c:mssdkliborland".

i placed the following code at the start of my programme as i read somewhere it was necessary:

#if defined(__BORLANDC__) && defined(__WIN32__)

#define _WIN32

#endif

i also have the following includes:

#include

#include

#include

the programme compiles find but i keep getting this linker error:

"Linker Error: Unresolved external 'DirectDrawCreate' referenced from module 'prog1.cpp'"

i thought this was down to the fact that i had not directed my project to the ddraw.lib file. so i added a lib node to my project pointing to 'c:mssdklibddraw.lib'

after compiling i get this linker error:

"Linker Fatal: Bad object file 'c:mssdk.....' near file offset 0"

does anybody know why this is happening?

any help would be appreciated

thanks