converting a integer to a string - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

converting a integer to a string

RibbletonRibbleton Posts: 152Member
Need to implement the following.

char *IntToStr(long Val, char *Str)

It can be written in C. You may use the system functions abs and labs from the standard library stdlib if you need them. You should not use any other functions.

Val is a long integer for conversion to a string
Str is the address of memory into which the string will be written.

The function returns the address of the caller's memory.

I think it as somthing to do with converting the integer into ASCII then to a string.

seems a simple problem but can't get my head round it!
Anyone help,
*Ribbleton_

Comments

• LloydAZLloydAZ Posts: 5Member
    : Need to implement the following.
    :
    : char *IntToStr(long Val, char *Str)
    :
    : It can be written in C. You may use the system functions abs and labs from the standard library stdlib if you need them. You should not use any other functions.
    :
    : Val is a long integer for conversion to a string
    : Str is the address of memory into which the string will be written.
    :
    : The function returns the address of the caller's memory.
    :
    : I think it as somthing to do with converting the integer into ASCII then to a string.
    :
    : seems a simple problem but can't get my head round it!
    : Anyone help,
    : *Ribbleton_
    :
    :
    Converting a value to a string is fairly simple.

Example

// Variable Declarations
    long Val = 4294967296;
    string Str;

// Convert long to string
    Str = Val.ToSting();

You can also convert any numeric value directly to a string by simply following the number with the dot operator and the ToString() method (though I don't know why anyone would do this).

Example:

// Variable Declaration
    string Str;

// Convert long to string
    Str = 4294967296.ToString();

I hope this is what you are looking for, if not I hope it leads you in the right direction.