How to change the backgroundcolor of a menu in VC6 - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

How to change the backgroundcolor of a menu in VC6

Hi there,

I've written a dialog based program. I've changed the background color of the dialog itself and a few of the controls (using OnCtlColor). This works OK. Dialog looks fine, but when I add a menubar, this menu is still shown in grey (standard background color). I would like to change that.
Is it also possible to change the backgroundcolor of standard messageboxes? The alternative is that I create the dialogs myself (as a resource).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Comments

• pingpongpingpong Posts: 937Member
    : Hi there,
    :
    : I've written a dialog based program. I've changed the background color of the dialog itself and a few of the controls (using OnCtlColor). This works OK. Dialog looks fine, but when I add a menubar, this menu is still shown in grey (standard background color). I would like to change that.

Yes, you need to use owner draw menus. Petzold book has an example on that and I have some source code over here as well:
    http://www.geocities.com/al_ani/OwnerDrawMenu.zip
    (copy/paste to your browser, do not click).

: Is it also possible to change the backgroundcolor of standard messageboxes?

Dont think so.

:The alternative is that I create the dialogs myself (as a resource).

That's the the way to go.