emissors and transmitters , and get the length betwen them - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

emissors and transmitters , and get the length betwen them

i would like to make a transmitter that sends periodicle signals to a emissor and calculate the distance betwen them by the time that the signal reachs the emissor .
i also would like that the signal be a binary code .

first i would like to know what kind of emissor and transmitter that i should use . i was thinking in radio waves .

i am very new at electronic so any information , link , sites , name of components , chips and any kind of stuff is welcome ... thanx

Comments

• melissa_may1melissa_may1 Posts: 937Member
    : i would like to make a transmitter that sends periodicle signals to a emissor and calculate the distance betwen them by the time that the signal reachs the emissor .
    : i also would like that the signal be a binary code .
    :
    : first i would like to know what kind of emissor and transmitter that i should use . i was thinking in radio waves .
    :
    : i am very new at electronic so any information , link , sites , name of components , chips and any kind of stuff is welcome ... thanx
    :
    :

You might want to take a look at the method that a Polaroid camera uses to determine distance. They used to have a kit with the circuit board already built.

Or you might be able to find an old Polaroid camera at a flea market or yard sale.

They use the electronics to drive the focus assembly in the camera, and is a fairly early version of auto-ranging electronics built in mass quantities, and fairly low cost.

[purple]Melissa[/purple]

• _kulhas_kulhas Posts: 45Member