Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Send email using default client from delphi

How do I start sending an email from my delphi program using the user's default email client?

If I use "explorer mailto:abc@def.hi.jk" this happens, but an explorer window stays open.

Comments

• PerranPerran Posts: 241Member
    : How do I start sending an email from my delphi program using the user's default email client?
    :
    : If I use "explorer mailto:abc@def.hi.jk" this happens, but an explorer window stays open.
    :
    I've not played with IE much, but does it expose a COM interface? If it does, you can simply close it using its own method. Otherwise, you're gonna be stuck having to determine what their client is and trying to use that. Some of them, specifically Outlook Express are notoriously not automatable [if that's a word.] If you can safely assume that they will have Outlook running, that can be automated. It's a big pile of MAPI folders. It's not as easy to automate as Word or Excel, but can be done. I have some sample code on my Windoze machine at home if you're interested.