ms access as backbone - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

ms access as backbone

ryanc2k3ryanc2k3 Posts: 28Member
im trying to create an application program that will hold large amount invoices, and i want ms access to be my database and my vb program is the one who will access the records in my database. i want to use the ADO command but im having problems implementing. any help would be very useful for this project.

Comments

• jlegjleg Posts: 237Member
    [b][red]This message was edited by jleg at 2003-12-4 13:56:19[/red][/b][hr]
    : im trying to create an application program that will hold large amount invoices, and i want ms access to be my database and my vb program is the one who will access the records in my database. i want to use the ADO command but im having problems implementing. any help would be very useful for this project.
    :
    You will have to be a bit more precise in explaining your problem. ADO has many properties. There are also controls that will handle connections to data sources quite easily. If you are using VB6 to develop your program the ADODC data control is one of the easiest to implement. From here you can use this control as the source of data for other data bound controls.

Hope this helps

John ;-)

• ryanc2k3ryanc2k3 Posts: 28Member
    yes i am using vb6, ill try using ADODC, thanks a lot for this tip, ill just post again when i encounter problems in coding :)

thanks!