C# with Oracle - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

C# with Oracle

stephenlimstephenlim Posts: 20Member
Where can i get more detail or a simple tutorial of accessing Oracle database by using C#? Thanks!

StephenLim
- C# Newbie -

Comments

• Yepper65Yepper65 Posts: 29Member
    : Where can i get more detail or a simple tutorial of accessing Oracle database by using C#? Thanks!
    :
    :
    :
    : StephenLim
    : - C# Newbie -
    :
    Hi,

There is a version you can include in the C#.Net IDE called oracle_net.msi , i think i found it on the microsoft site somewhere.

With friendly greatings,

Yepper65
  • Yepper65Yepper65 Posts: 29Member
    : Where can i get more detail or a simple tutorial of accessing Oracle database by using C#? Thanks!
    :
    :
    :
    : StephenLim
    : - C# Newbie -
    :
    Hi Stephen Lim,

You can find the .NET Framework Data Provider for Oracle on the site of Microsoft www.microsoft.com, type under Search Microsoft.com the following:

odbc_net

you get three lines of results or something like that, click on the link of your choice and you can download this installer.
    After installation it gives you the change to connect via the Server Explorer : connect to database , option to make a connection with the Oracle database simmular to when you connect to a normal Access mdb.

With friendly greatings,

Yepper65