Any Fast Uploading FTP Software ? - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Any Fast Uploading FTP Software ?

Hi,

I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?

srinivasan,

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?

I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).

One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
  • ssvasanssvasan Posts: 101Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?
    :
    :
    : I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).
    :
    : One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
    :

Hi,

What I want to do is, to quickly upload big mdb file to web server. I am working as WEB DEVELOPER, I want to upload / download my MDB files quickly to & from Web server. To download any big files I use "Download Accelerator Plus"(www.speedbit.com). To upload the same, I require some fast/quick uploading softwares rather than WS_FTP PRO, CuteFTP Pro, these tools takes around 3-4 hrs to upload 20mb file to server. But, to download the same file using "Download Accelerator Plus", it took only 5 minutes.

Give details where I can get/download this LeechFTP software.

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?
    : : I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).
    : : One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : What I want to do is, to quickly upload big mdb file to web server. I am working as WEB DEVELOPER, I want to upload / download my MDB files quickly to & from Web server. To download any big files I use "Download Accelerator Plus"(www.speedbit.com). To upload the same, I require some fast/quick uploading softwares rather than WS_FTP PRO, CuteFTP Pro, these tools takes around 3-4 hrs to upload 20mb file to server. But, to download the same file using "Download Accelerator Plus", it took only 5 minutes.

What you are describing sounds like the nature of most broadband internet connections. Usually the downstream bandwidth (downloading to your computer) is much greater than the upstream bandwidth (uploading to a remote server), so your maximum download speed will always be faster than your maximum upload speed. Here's an example based on my internet connection, which has a 2 megabit downstream and 384 kilobit upstream:

[code]
    To transfer 100 megabytes with a 2 megabit downstream, it would
    take 6 minutes 40 seconds.

To transfer 100 megabytes with a 386 kilobit upstream, it would
    take 34 hours 43 minutes 20 seconds.
    [/code]

No download accelerator in the world will be able to allow me to upload as fast as I can download, because I just haven't been allocated as much upstream bandwidth.

So to sum all that up, unless your upstream and downstream bandwidth are shared (like with a dial-up or SDSL connection), you'll never be able to upload that 20mb file in 5 minutes.

But if you still want to give LeechFTP a shot, just search on Google for it. The project has been abandoned, but some people still have sites with it available for download.