Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID

Categories

We have migrated to a new platform! Please note that you will need to reset your password to log in (your credentials are still in-tact though). Please contact lee@programmersheaven.com if you have questions.
Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Any Fast Uploading FTP Software ?

Hi,

I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?

srinivasan,

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : Hi,
    :
    : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?

I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).

One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
  • ssvasanssvasan Posts: 101Member
    : : Hi,
    : :
    : : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?
    :
    :
    : I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).
    :
    : One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
    :

Hi,

What I want to do is, to quickly upload big mdb file to web server. I am working as WEB DEVELOPER, I want to upload / download my MDB files quickly to & from Web server. To download any big files I use "Download Accelerator Plus"(www.speedbit.com). To upload the same, I require some fast/quick uploading softwares rather than WS_FTP PRO, CuteFTP Pro, these tools takes around 3-4 hrs to upload 20mb file to server. But, to download the same file using "Download Accelerator Plus", it took only 5 minutes.

Give details where I can get/download this LeechFTP software.

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : : : Hi,
    : : :
    : : : I used DAP (Download Accelerator Plus), to download some mdb database from our web sites. Its good for fast downloading than WS_FTP PRO or CuteFTP softwares. But, to upload MDB files which is huge in size, I depend only the FTP softwares. But, the FTP softwares not efficient. Is there any fast uploading softwares available for uploading mdb database files ?
    : : I'm not too familiar with "fast downloaders" but from what I understand, all they do is open multiple connections so they can squeeze every last bps from your bandwidth (because most of the time a single connection will not max out your bandwidth).
    : : One FTP program I know of that had that capability was LeechFTP. I have a feeling it might have only had that capability on downloads, but you could take a look at it, and maybe it also has multiple connection abilities for uploads as well.
    :
    : Hi,
    :
    : What I want to do is, to quickly upload big mdb file to web server. I am working as WEB DEVELOPER, I want to upload / download my MDB files quickly to & from Web server. To download any big files I use "Download Accelerator Plus"(www.speedbit.com). To upload the same, I require some fast/quick uploading softwares rather than WS_FTP PRO, CuteFTP Pro, these tools takes around 3-4 hrs to upload 20mb file to server. But, to download the same file using "Download Accelerator Plus", it took only 5 minutes.

What you are describing sounds like the nature of most broadband internet connections. Usually the downstream bandwidth (downloading to your computer) is much greater than the upstream bandwidth (uploading to a remote server), so your maximum download speed will always be faster than your maximum upload speed. Here's an example based on my internet connection, which has a 2 megabit downstream and 384 kilobit upstream:

[code]
    To transfer 100 megabytes with a 2 megabit downstream, it would
    take 6 minutes 40 seconds.

To transfer 100 megabytes with a 386 kilobit upstream, it would
    take 34 hours 43 minutes 20 seconds.
    [/code]

No download accelerator in the world will be able to allow me to upload as fast as I can download, because I just haven't been allocated as much upstream bandwidth.

So to sum all that up, unless your upstream and downstream bandwidth are shared (like with a dial-up or SDSL connection), you'll never be able to upload that 20mb file in 5 minutes.

But if you still want to give LeechFTP a shot, just search on Google for it. The project has been abandoned, but some people still have sites with it available for download.