Baudrate setting - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Baudrate setting

rpetrierpetrie Posts: 4Member
Hi,
can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
many thanks,
Richard

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : Hi,
    : can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
    : many thanks,
    : Richard
    :
    :
    :

the same way you do it on PC using Win32 API functions. Look up CreateFile() in MSDN and it contains a discussion and links about how to do communications with serial ports.
  • rpetrierpetrie Posts: 4Member
    : : Hi,
    : : can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
    : : many thanks,
    : : Richard
    : :
    :
    : the same way you do it on PC using Win32 API functions. Look up CreateFile() in MSDN and it contains a discussion and links about how to do communications with serial ports.
    :
    Thanks, but I want to use RasDial to open a PPP session over this port.

I am doing the following:
    I use "CreateFile" to grab COM1 then "GetCommState" to obtain a dcb structure
    I fill in the structure with my modified baudrate, write it back using "SetCommState"
    Close the connection to free up com1.
    get RasDial to open a connection on COM1 but find that the baud rate is back to the original value.

Am I being stupid??

thanks for any help.

Richard

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2003-12-17 12:8:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am doing the following:
    : I use "CreateFile" to grab COM1 then "GetCommState" to obtain a dcb structure
    : I fill in the structure with my modified baudrate, write it back using "SetCommState"
    : Close the connection to free up com1.
    : get RasDial to open a connection on COM1 but find that the baud rate is back to the original value.
    :
    : Am I being stupid??
    :
    : thanks for any help.
    :
    : Richard
    :
    :

I havn't used any of the RasDial functions, so I don't know the answer to your question.

you might try here:
    http://www.codeproject.com/internet/dialup.asp?target=RasDial