Baudrate setting - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Baudrate setting

rpetrierpetrie Posts: 4Member
Hi,
can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
many thanks,
Richard

Comments

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    : Hi,
    : can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
    : many thanks,
    : Richard
    :
    :
    :

the same way you do it on PC using Win32 API functions. Look up CreateFile() in MSDN and it contains a discussion and links about how to do communications with serial ports.
  • rpetrierpetrie Posts: 4Member
    : : Hi,
    : : can anyone tell me how to configure the baudrate for the serial port on a WinCE / Pocket PC device?
    : : many thanks,
    : : Richard
    : :
    :
    : the same way you do it on PC using Win32 API functions. Look up CreateFile() in MSDN and it contains a discussion and links about how to do communications with serial ports.
    :
    Thanks, but I want to use RasDial to open a PPP session over this port.

I am doing the following:
    I use "CreateFile" to grab COM1 then "GetCommState" to obtain a dcb structure
    I fill in the structure with my modified baudrate, write it back using "SetCommState"
    Close the connection to free up com1.
    get RasDial to open a connection on COM1 but find that the baud rate is back to the original value.

Am I being stupid??

thanks for any help.

Richard

• stoberstober Posts: 9,765Member ✭✭✭
    [b][red]This message was edited by stober at 2003-12-17 12:8:8[/red][/b][hr]
    : I am doing the following:
    : I use "CreateFile" to grab COM1 then "GetCommState" to obtain a dcb structure
    : I fill in the structure with my modified baudrate, write it back using "SetCommState"
    : Close the connection to free up com1.
    : get RasDial to open a connection on COM1 but find that the baud rate is back to the original value.
    :
    : Am I being stupid??
    :
    : thanks for any help.
    :
    : Richard
    :
    :

I havn't used any of the RasDial functions, so I don't know the answer to your question.

you might try here:
    http://www.codeproject.com/internet/dialup.asp?target=RasDial