Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Accessing SQL Server from another computer using VB.NET

pg81pg81 Posts: 10Member
Hi...

Please help. I am developing a CD Store system using VB.NET. I have 2 computers working so that I can do networking. I tried accessing a table in my SQL Server in Computer A from Computer B. I don't seem to be able to do so. I dunno what's wrong. Computer says that it can't detect the computer. I've already created a login and password for SQL Authentication. Can anyone please help me with this? I am doing a project that needs networking. What are the basic requirements for networking? If I get the SQL Server problem running, does that mean I have networking already??

BTW, can anyone please be my advisor for VB.NET, SQL SERVER 2000? I'd really appreciate it. I have 2 weeks to complete my project and no lecturer is at hand that I can bring my problems to. SOS!! Thanks

Victor =)

Comments

• WolfsbaneWolfsbane Posts: 12Member
    Do you have a DNS server or a WINS server? If not you will need to insert the IP address of the server you wish to connect to into your connection string.

: Hi...
    :
    : Please help. I am developing a CD Store system using VB.NET. I have 2 computers working so that I can do networking. I tried accessing a table in my SQL Server in Computer A from Computer B. I don't seem to be able to do so. I dunno what's wrong. Computer says that it can't detect the computer. I've already created a login and password for SQL Authentication. Can anyone please help me with this? I am doing a project that needs networking. What are the basic requirements for networking? If I get the SQL Server problem running, does that mean I have networking already??
    :
    : BTW, can anyone please be my advisor for VB.NET, SQL SERVER 2000? I'd really appreciate it. I have 2 weeks to complete my project and no lecturer is at hand that I can bring my problems to. SOS!! Thanks
    :
    : Victor =)
    :

• rikb53rikb53 Posts: 64Member
    i always use the Server Explorer in VB dot Net. Make it do the work. if that other PC is online, this will find / or not find it.
    ive done a bunch of these projects and im not really trained in SQL server, but, VB seems to make the task really simple

: Do you have a DNS server or a WINS server? If not you will need to insert the IP address of the server you wish to connect to into your connection string.
    :
    : : Hi...
    : :
    : : Please help. I am developing a CD Store system using VB.NET. I have 2 computers working so that I can do networking. I tried accessing a table in my SQL Server in Computer A from Computer B. I don't seem to be able to do so. I dunno what's wrong. Computer says that it can't detect the computer. I've already created a login and password for SQL Authentication. Can anyone please help me with this? I am doing a project that needs networking. What are the basic requirements for networking? If I get the SQL Server problem running, does that mean I have networking already??
    : : BTW, can anyone please be my advisor for VB.NET, SQL SERVER 2000? I'd really appreciate it. I have 2 weeks to complete my project and no lecturer is at hand that I can bring my problems to. SOS!! Thanks
    : : Victor =)
    :
    :