C# - CGI and a whole lot more - Programmers Heaven

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

C# - CGI and a whole lot more

ITAITA Posts: 463Member
I am developing a simple web application. When the user clicks a button an e-mail will be sent to them (autoresponder) which automatically generates a new username and password. It should then open a new account on a website.

Am I right in thinking I need a web service to do this?

How could I accomplish this task?

Many thanks.

ITA :-)

Comments

• JonathanJonathan Posts: 2,914Member
    : I am developing a simple web application. When the user clicks a
    : button an e-mail will be sent to them (autoresponder) which
    : automatically generates a new username and password. It should then
    : open a new account on a website.
    While you *could* write a CGI script in C#, you might as well take advantage of the .NET platform and use the extra layer of abstraction ASP.NET provides.

: Am I right in thinking I need a web service to do this?
    Probably not. Just ASP.NET.

: How could I accomplish this task?
    Uh...with ASP.NET. You'll probably want a database of sorts to store user data in too.

Jonathan

###
    for(74,117,115,116){$::a.=chr};(($_.='qwertyui')&&
    (tr/yuiqwert/her anot/))for($::b);for($::c){$_.=$^X;
    /(p.{2}l)/;$_=$1}$::b=~/(..)$/;print("$::a$::b $::c hack$1.");