Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Welcome to the new platform of Programmer's Heaven! We apologize for the inconvenience caused, if you visited us from a broken link of the previous version. The main reason to move to a new platform is to provide more effective and collaborative experience to you all. Please feel free to experience the new platform and use its exciting features. Contact us for any issue that you need to get clarified. We are more than happy to help you.

Problem $2108 Borland Database Engine Initialization

I created a Paradox Database using the Database Desktop. In my computer the program works correctly, but when I moved this program in an other PC and tried to work with it, an error window popped up saying: An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108). What is the problem?

Comments

• ManningManning Posts: 1,621Member
    : I created a Paradox Database using the Database Desktop. In my computer the program works correctly, but when I moved this program in an other PC and tried to work with it, an error window popped up saying: An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108). What is the problem?
    :

You probably need to install the Borland Database Engine on the other machine first.
  • PerranPerran Posts: 241Member
    : I created a Paradox Database using the Database Desktop. In my computer the program works correctly, but when I moved this program in an other PC and tried to work with it, an error window popped up saying: An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108). What is the problem?
    :
    Manning is right. I've seen that here at work. Look around on your install CDs for installshield express and, if you haven't already done so, set it up on your machine. It is "BDE aware" and will create installs that also put the BDE on the client machine when necessary for database apps.