Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Reading INI files

How do I read the key values from a .INI file on a web site. I am developing an auto update facility for one of my programs. I know how to download files from my website but first I need to obtain the version number for comparison, and other information such as a brief description, and whether the update file is a zip or exe file.

Comments

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : How do I read the key values from a .INI file on a web site. I am developing an auto update facility for one of my programs. I know how to download files from my website but first I need to obtain the version number for comparison, and other information such as a brief description, and whether the update file is a zip or exe file.
    :
    :
    Check out the TIniFile or TMemInifile objects in the help. These will provide you with all the info you need to access and create ini-files.
  • TerryM21TerryM21 Member Posts: 3
    : : How do I read the key values from a .INI file on a web site. I am developing an auto update facility for one of my programs. I know how to download files from my website but first I need to obtain the version number for comparison, and other information such as a brief description, and whether the update file is a zip or exe file.
    : :
    : :
    : Check out the TIniFile or TMemInifile objects in the help. These will provide you with all the info you need to access and create ini-files.
    : Thanks Zibadian. However I can read and write .INI files to hard disk. I can also download the .INI file on the internet to hard disk. However the downloaded file is not recognised as an .INI, but is just one long string with all the keys and values concatenated.

• zibadianzibadian Member Posts: 6,349
    : : : How do I read the key values from a .INI file on a web site. I am developing an auto update facility for one of my programs. I know how to download files from my website but first I need to obtain the version number for comparison, and other information such as a brief description, and whether the update file is a zip or exe file.
    : : :
    : : :
    : : Check out the TIniFile or TMemInifile objects in the help. These will provide you with all the info you need to access and create ini-files.
    : : Thanks Zibadian. However I can read and write .INI files to hard disk. I can also download the .INI file on the internet to hard disk. However the downloaded file is not recognised as an .INI, but is just one long string with all the keys and values concatenated.
    :
    :
    Then something goes wrong during the download or the file is stored incorrectly on the server, but without any more description of how the download is coded; or more info about the server and the file, there is very little I can do for you.